2013 Pensacola Marathon Relay
Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013
Want to run and complete a marathon but can't finish the entire 26.2 miles?! How about rounding up three of your friends for the 2013 Pensacola Marathon Relay. Comprised of four people, each person will run a leg to complete the 26.2 mile course!
- 4-person teams (Minimum Age is 12 on Day of Race)
- Team captain registers entire team at once
- Each person receives:
- * Customized Relay Bib
* Event technical performance shirt
* Special Pensacola Marathon Relay Medal
* Commemorative Pensacola Marathon Poster
- Cost (Must be paid in full at time of on-line registration)
* $180 before 8/1/2013
* $220 8/1/2013 to 9/30/2013
How it Works:
The person running the first leg will start with the rest of the marathon and half marathon competitors at 6:30 a.m. That person will wear the Team Bib and Belt, which will have the socring chip associated with that team. He/she will run the regular course. Upon reaching the first transition area, the first leg runner will hand-off the team bib and belt to the second leg runner. The same transition exchange will occur for the third and final runners. The fourth and final runner will complete the 26.2 course and cross the finish line with the rest of the finishers.
The course is the same as the full marathon. Course time limit is six hours. If you are unable to maintain a 14 minute per mile pace, you will be asked to enter the sag wagon.
Relay Leg Distances
Leg 1 - 7.2 Miles
Leg 2 - 6.8 Miles
Leg 3 - 6.4 Miles
Leg 4 - 5.8 Miles
Each transition area will be highly marked with signage and cones directing the runners. Please pay attention to the signs and runners around you. Each transition area will have port-o-potties, water, electrolyte drinks, snacks, and medical personnel. It is the responsibility of the participant to know where the transition ares is, the parking, and best routes to and from each one. IMPORTANT: Every Marathon Relay participant must go through the transition area.
- Transition Area #1 and #2 - On Jerry Maygarden Rd. 4/10 of a mile West of Spanish Trail and 1.2 miles North of Summit Blvd.
- Tranistion Area #3 - In front of the Loaves and Fishes Thrift Store at 1620 N. Palafox St.
Parking / Transportation / Exchange Points:
Each runner is responsible for getting to his/her proper transition area. Transportation will not be provided to and from the start/finish line and/or transitions areas. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to allow plenty of time for parking and getting ready for the transition. It is suggested to know when your runners are expected to finish their assigned legs so the next runner can be ready and be anticipating a smooth bib exchange. It is helpful to know what your teammates are wearing so you can see them approaching the transition area.
- Transition Area #1 and #2 - Parking is located just off Jerry Maygarden Rd. right at the transition zones. The best entrance is to come off Spanish Trail, turn West onto Jerry Maygarden Rd. Drive .4 miles, the parking lot will be yuor first right.
- Transition Area #3 - There is plenty of parking at the office complex just north of the 3rd transition area at the corner of Palafox St. and E. Mallory St.
Bib / Timing Device
Each person on the team will have their own commemorative bib that will NOT have a scoring device on it. There will be a TEAM BIB with scoring device on the back. Each team will be provided a bib belt in which the TEAM BIB will be secured. The relay will be scored using the ChronoTrack B-Tag scoring system. In order to receive accurate time, confirm your bib is: clearly visible on the front of the torso, unaltered, pinned, and not covered by jackets, water bottles, etc.
Finishing the Pensacola Marathon Relay:
The runner completing the fourth and final leg will cross the finish line with the rest of the competitors. Team runners 1-3 are welcome to join their 4th teammeet near the 26 mile mark at the intersection of E Romana St. and Cevallos St. to cross the finish line as a team. IMPORTANT: If the first three leg runners choose to meet up with the 4th leg runner, the entire team must finish together. Additionally, the 4th runner must continue to carry the team bib and belt over the finish line.
Awards categories will be broken up into total combined ages of your team on race day, regardless of sex. Age category awards will be scored by NET or CHIP TIME.
- Overall Winning Team
- Under 100 years - 1st
- 101 - 150 years - 1st
- 151 - 200 - 1st
- 201 and over - 1st
Aid Stations and Medical
Approximately every two (2) miles, aid stations will offer spring water and Nuun. Gu will be located at miles 8, 13, and 20. There will be portable toilets at each aid station. Medical support will also be at every aid station.
Expo / Packet Pick-Up:
- Packet Pick-Up and Race Expo will take place at the Crowne Plaza Pensacola Grand Hotel located at 200 East Gregory St.
- Friday, Nov. 8 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m
- Saturday, Nov. 9 from noon to 5 p.m.
- There will be a seperate packet pick up location/table just for Relay Teams
- The team captatin will pick up all the shirts, bibs, packet, posters, instructions, etc. for his/her team